Saturday, August 21, 2010

Uncle John in The Grapes of Wrath

Ok, so I am pretty happy that I only have three more blogs left to do today. I have almost accomplished my goal of ten blogs today which I must say is pretty impressive. I am pretty sure that I can do the rest of these blogs pretty easily simply because I have done so many other ones today. Three is really nothing compared to what else I have done. So, once again this is one of my last blogs on the book The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. I am pretty happy that this is one of my last blogs about the book because in all honesty as many of you know, the book was awful. I did not enjoy it at all. It dragged on and on to the point where I had lost all interest in reading it and then it dragged on some more. In all honesty, I will never think about reading this book again. It was truly that bad. If you think I am kidding, then open up the book and read one page. I am pretty sure that that will convince you how bad this book truly is. But anyway, I will do I quick little blog on the character of Uncle John in the book The Grapes of Wrath. Now, I am sure that many of you who are reading this blog want to ask, what do we know about Uncle John? Well, all we really know is one of the events that happened earlier in his life that really affects him as a person. That event was when his wife was complaining about stomach pains when she was pregnant and he refused to get her a doctor. This causes their baby to eventually die. Even though we do not hear much from Uncle Tom in the book The Grapes of Wrath, I feel bad for him because he has been scared with such a terrible fate, the death of his unborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment