Friday, August 20, 2010

Rose of Sharon is Respectable

So, this is my forth blog today which makes a pretty happy person because it seems like I have flown through the other ones I have done. Not to mention, my little kitten is sleeping in my parent’s bedroom which helps a lot because now whenever I am typing something, I do not an innocent little kitty trying to bite my fingers off because she thinks that they are toys for her to play with. Anyway since I am on a roll here with the book The Grapes of Wrath, I might as well not stop talking about it because these blogs seem to be going by pretty fast. Knock on wood. Anyway, another character that I thought was very respectable throughout the book The Grapes of Wrath was the character Rose of Sharon. It was only until the end of the story where I started to notice it. I really felt bad for her after she had lost her husband and baby back to back. I mean, I know that being in California without good jobs and harsh living conditions was hard on the entire family, but in my opinion, I think that the move to California was the hardest on Rose of Sharon. I think this because first of all, there is no way that when a woman is pregnant, that she will want to stay in a car for that long. And you also have to realize that back then, there were no such things as expressways and interstates and that cars could not go fast at all compared to seventy miles per hour, so that car ride would not have to be easy on a pregnant woman. Another thing is that when the family got to California, and they finally realized that it was going to be a lot harder to find a good job than they thought, her husband left her. Anyway, it is respectable for Rose of Sharon to be able to move on after these bad things have happened to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment