Saturday, August 21, 2010

Symbolism of the Dog's Death

So, I have gotten five blogs done today and I only have five more to go which is not awful I guess. Once again, I am still extremely tired and I really feel like going to sleep right now but I cannot because I have to do these dumb blogs. Maybe I should have a soda with some caffeine in it to see if I can wake up from all of the caffeine. I guess that it is too bad that I do not drink soda during the soccer season because it is awful for your body. Oh well. After this bog I will probably take a short little break from these blogs to relax and give my mind a break. Although, it is not like I am using my brain that much for these blogs anyway because all I am doing for like half of the blog is just talking about really random stuff which is completely useless. My gosh. Word cannot explain how tired I am right now. This is so crazy. I do not think that this is normal. Anyway another symbol in the book The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck is the death of the Joad’s dog early in the book at the gas station. It is killed when it gets run down by some people who are on the road at the time. In my opinion, the author John Steinbeck includes this event because it is simply foreshadowing for the events yet to come. The dog is killed in a sick and twisted way but it just warns the reader of the story that there is more to come later in the story and that this event is not simply the only tragedy within the book The Grapes of Wrath. For example, many bad thing happen after this event when the Joads arrive in California. Some of these events include when they cannot find good jobs and when their home get wrecked by a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment