Sunday, August 22, 2010

Type of Conflict Part One

Yes! I am getting a lot closer to finishing my blog for the summer. I am preet sure that if someone like Katie McGraw saw this blog right now, see would probably be laughing her head off right now because she had all of her summer blogs done a really long time ago. At the same time though, I am glad that this is my third to last blog right now because I am sure that ther are people who are sitting at home who are a hell of a lot more stresses than I am right now who have ike twenty blogs left to do. I am happy with myself right now though. I mean it is not like I can be mad at myself right now. I sat down when I needed to and did my work. Even when there were distractions I always was basically abe to get enough of the blogs written. Anyway, I just recently realized that I have not written one single blog on the conflict of a book. To me, that is amazing because usually the conflict of a book or a story is one of the first things that a person will write about. Anyway, in the book The Old Man and the Sea, was a main type of conflict. That type of conflict was mainly man versus nature. I think that this was the main typ of conflict because in the book, the main conflict was between the old man and the sea, which I guess would count as nature. The main conflict in the story is how the man cannot catch a good sized fish anymore. He actually goes on a streak of eighty four days without catching a fish. To me, this is the main conflict because without this conflict arising, the old man would never have gone very deep into the ocean to look for a monster marlin to catch to stop the other fishermen from making fun of the poor fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment