Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Morals to the Ending of The Grapes of Wrath

So once again I am very very bored. I guess that I will just write another blog. Unlike a lot of my other ones, I guess I will write this one about the book the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. Somehow, this is only my second blog about this book. Almost all of my other blogs are on the book Fahrenheit 451 by the author Ray Bradbury. Actually let me make a correction. All of my other blogs have been about Fahrenheit 451 except for one. So, this one is going to be about the ending to the book Grapes of Wrath and the overall lessons and morals learned from the ending of the story. To me, the ending of the Grapes of Wrath was very interesting. I thought that the author wrote the ending of the story to teach the reader many valuable lessons even though the story kind of has an open and non-conclusive ending. I think that the main purpose that John Steinbeck had when writing the ending of the story is that even when everything has gone wrong, that does not mean that you as a person have to be very cruel to others. In the book after the Joad family has lost their home, a child, and all hope seems lost to them because it seems that they cannot continue living in California, the family cannot see this old man die and so Rose of Sharon nurses him back to strength. Even though the author has not included any foreshadowing if life will get better for the Joad family, I as the reader find it interesting that the Family has not lost all of their morals after the hard time that they have had trying to find a good and manageable life in California. I think that even though the author has not included anything about how the family’s life will go after this event, I think that the family will be fine because they are still good people and they will keep moving on with life and do just fine in California in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment