Saturday, August 21, 2010

Defending The Honor of The Grapes of Wrath Part One

Alright, I only have nine more blogs to go. That first one was not really bad at all and I hope that these blogs will continue flying by because then I will have free time and I will be able to hang out with my friends on a Saturday night. Before I do anything though, I must knock on wood after saying anything like that because that could have cursed me for the rest of the day. It also makes it these blogs a lot easier when you know what you are going to write about. I mean, it is a bad feeling when you start a blog without having any idea of what you are going to writing about because it makes the blog that much more painful and time-consuming to write. Luckily, I already know what I am going to write this blog about, so hopefully that will make it a lot easier. Ok, so after the book the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, I thought it was awful and way too descriptive and it had no action in it at all and I am sure that many of you in Honors English will agree with me. when I got done with the book, I was extremely frustrated and I thought that reading the book was a big waste of my time, but believe it or not, I am about to defend John Steinbeck’s honor. Ok, so usually, as students in Honors English we read books like these because they were simply popular back when they were written or they have some kind of historical value to them. I was pretty angry when I finished this book because it pretty much had no historical value. Honesty, for being over 500 pages, it makes me pretty mad whenever I only earned one or two things about the dust bowl, when the book is actually supposed to have some really good historical significance to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment