Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Scene For Idiots

This blog is once again about the thrilling novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I remember when I was reading the novel; there was a certain part that just stuck out to me. That certain part was the part when Mildred has her friends over. I tend to think that the first impression that anyone gets from Mildred’s friend is that they are extremely stuck up. I mean don’t they kind of have to if they are friends with Mildred? Mildred only wants what is good for herself, seeing how all she does is sit around the house, watches television, and then comes along with the occasional suicide attempt. So, these friends of hers all have to be moron’s right? They basically prove it in this scene though let me tell you. Although I would have to go on to say that everyone involved in this scene looks like a moron. Anyone who has read this book probably agrees with me. It is not only the women who look dumb but it is also Montag. What an idiot. Why in the world would you pull a book out in front of them when you are a fireman and you know that it is illegal to do such a thing? Answer me that Montag. Answer me that. Another thing that you do that is just dumb is that you choose the worst passage in the book. It would have been better if you chose one that was not so cheesy but no. after he reads this passage though, apparently there is a competition in this scene to see who is the biggest idiot because one of Mildred’s friends starts crying because she is so upset with the passage. How funny would it have to be to see this scene take place in real life? I would be laughing so hard at everyone. So who do you think the tru idiot of the scene is? I would probably have to hand the trophy to Montag.

No comments:

Post a Comment