Friday, August 20, 2010

The Grapes of Wrath = BORING

So, I am really bored and I have nothing to do right now before soccer practice, so I might as well write some blogs while I have the free time to do them before I go back to school on Monday. These blogs are very time consuming. Very time consuming indeed. It is times like these where I wish that I had pulled a Katie McGraw and just got my blogs done earlier so that I would not be sitting here right now with three days left of summer and more than half of my blogs to do before I go back to school. Anyway, this blog is going to be about the book the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. First of all, I would like to say that for any of you who plan on reading this book for fun, you might be crazy. In my opinion, the author, John Steinbeck had nothing better to do but bore the heck out of the readers of his book and include absolutely no action within the story to keep the reader nice and bored for the month he or she has to read this novel. In all honestly, I would not recommend this book to anyone no matter how interested they are in the history of the dust bowl. This book is simply not worth the historical and educational values. I know that back in the old times when this book was written, the authors were much more descriptive about what happened in the story, but really John Steinbeck? I bet that a modern day author could cut the word count in half at least if someone were to write this story again. That is in all honesty no exaggeration. I bet that everyone who has read this book in Honors English at Pleasant Plains High School would have to agree with me. it is crazy how much Steinbeck goes off onto the most pointless details on nothing having to do with the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment