Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bradbury's Influence

I am really bored, so I figure I might as well just write more blogs. I guess that I will just write this one about Fahrenheit 451 again. So, even though the book Fahrenheit 451 was an easy read and kind of random at times, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Even though the book had its parts where it dragged on, it would tend to jump right back into the action as soon as possible. That is what is good about the book Fahrenheit 451 because it is very short. There were part of the book where I wanted to put it down because they were boring, but I also just got through the boring parts because I knew that the part would end quickly and they book would continue with a part that is action packed. Another thing that I liked about the book Fahrenheit 451 is the interesting topics that the author, Ray Bradbury brought up. For example I thought that I was interesting how Ray Bradbury described the reason that that evolving society did not like need or like books anymore. In fact, I wonder what drove Ray Bradbury to write the book Fahrenheit 451. What in the world would influence someone to write something like the book Fahrenheit 451? I simply do not understand it. Could Ray Bradbury have just been sitting around or lying in bed one night when suddenly the idea of a society that no longer needed or wanted books hit him? What about examples of technology throughout the book Fahrenheit 451? To me, I have no idea where anyone would get the idea of an eight-legged robotic creature that would chase fugitives around and kill them. How in the world would anyone come up with that? Was the author Ray Bradbury on drugs when he came up with the ideas of these things? Was it like Louis Carroll when he wrote the book Alice in Wonderland? That would be baffling.

No comments:

Post a Comment