Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1st Post!

I just got done reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradburry, and I honestly thought it was a very good book. It was much better and quicker read than The Grapes of Wrath in my opinion. One of the things that i liked about Fahrenheit 451 is the fact that it is very fast paced. the author, Ray Bradburry jumped right into the action and did not let up for the rest of the story. I was very interested in the plot of the story and how the characters reacted in certain situations. For example, I liked how Montag became so infuriated with Beatty that he finally burned him alive with the flamethrower after Beatty forced Montag to burn his house down along with the collection of books in his possession. While reading the story, I could tell that Ray Bradburry put plenty of emotion into writing Fahrenheit 451, causing me to not want to put the book down at all. While reading the story, I was also fascinated by how Bradburry understood the evolution of futuristic civilations and one day that people will adapt to make life so fast-paced that people will be too impatient to read books, making books almost completely useless. I also find it interesting how Bradburry tends to make the futuristic world seem fake because of the way the hound chase ends. When Montag jumps into the river, even though the police know the he has jumped into the river, the hound turns around and finds some other random citizen to murder because the police cannot chase Montag down the river. The interesting part about this scene was hoe the public was convinced that the citizen who was murdered was Montag. It almost reflects society today. That part of the story made me think how pathetic it is that today in this world, there are shallow people who believe that everything that happens on reality television is real. Anyway, I truly did enjoy reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradburry. I would recommend this story to anyone who enjoys the science-fiction genre. The action in the story was absolutely non-stop and it was a quick, very fast-paced book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment