Friday, August 20, 2010

Connie is Absurd

Ok, so this is my fifth blog today and I am so pumped. These things are just flying for me today and they are not bad at all. I wish that all of my blogs were this easy to do because that would save me lots of time. I bet that this is what Katie McGraw felt like when she got all of her blogs done earlier this summer. I am not going to lie Katie, that is quite respectable. I envy you so much right now because I have like three days to do twenty five blogs. How much fun is that? For those of you who are in the same situation as me right now, I am sure that we can all agree that it is not that fun and we all wish that we are Katie McGraw right now. Anyway, on to the actual blog part of this blog. Ok, so right now, I am going to write a quick little bog on how dumb Connie in The Grapes of Wrath is. For those of you who have not read the book the Grapes of Wrath, Connie is Rose of Sharon’s husband. I think that I have good reason to judge him as being an awful person because as soon as the Joad family gets to California, Rose of Sharon’s husband, Connie leaves her. Now, I know that this is a big deal in itself, but the thing that makes me extremely angry about the whole situation is the fact that Rose of Sharon is pregnant. Now, what kind of selfish husband would do that? I’ll tell you what kind of husband. A selfish kind! That’s right. The other thing that strikes me about Connie leaving is the fact that no one seems surprised in the Joad family by what has happened besides Rose of Sharon. I think that it is irresponsible and unkind of the members of the family to let that happen without making him pay the consequences. It is simply absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment