Saturday, August 21, 2010

Symbolism of the Stillborn Baby

Wow. This kind of sucks right now. I have six more blogs to do today which really is not terrible at all, but I suddenly feel like I have just hit a wall. I suddenly cannot think of any more topics to write about and I suddenly got really really tired which obviously does not help at all whatsoever. Wow I really have six more blogs to do today. This is awful. I randomly just feel like going to bed. It is probably because I just ate and now I am starting to fall into a bad food coma. Why did I eat so much in such little time? I should have known that I would get tired as soon as I finished my meal so quickly. The worst part of this is just thinking about the six more blogs I have to do right now. It honestly feels like I will never get these stupid things done. I feel like just laying down on the couch, and turning on the show The Office because I really feel like I need to relax right now, but at the same time I have to do these darn blogs. Gosh darn it. So, I think that at the end of the book The Grapes of Wrath, there are some interesting symbols, one of them being the symbol of the birth of Rose of Sharon’s stillborn baby. This event is interesting to me because it seems like after all of the thing that have gone wrong for the Joad family, that this will end the streak. Instead, this is one of the most tragic events of the story. Even though this event is very very sad, it actually does not affect the family as horribly as the reader might think it would. It is not that bad because at the end of the story, a man is dying in a barn and Rose of Sharon nurses the old man back to health which is a happier, but kind of strange ending to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment