Friday, August 20, 2010

Do Not Read Chapter 3!

Wow. Really John Steinbeck? You have got to be kidding me. so, for any of you blog readers who did not read the last blog that I posted, it is about how the author of The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck includes the most pointless details in his story and how if a modern day writer wrote this story again, that they could easily cut the word count in half. So, here is a perfect example of that in the book The Grapes of Wrath. The sad part of my example is that I am using a whole chapter to as my example to show how John Steinbeck rambles on about nothing in particular and that when he was writing this story, he had nothing better to do than decide how he was going to bore the reader to death with this book, by going off onto the most pointless details throughout the story and including absolutely no action just to get on the reader’s nerves. Ok, so for whoever read the book The Grapes of Wrath, would anyone like to tell me what happed in chapter number three? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Guess not. Well for anyone who has not read the whole book, here comes a spoiler alert. In chapter three absolutely nothing happens! Believe it or not, it is actually true. For anyone who does not believe me, try treading chapter three. So, I never thought that it was possible, but there is actually a chapter in this book where the author talks about absolutely nothing. I guess the author is talking about a turtle or something. I don’t know. It beats me. I guess that a guy hit a turtle on a highway with his truck and the turtle had trouble flipping back over to save its own life. So, that sums it up for you. For anyone who has not read the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, take my advice and skip chapter three. It will save you time and you will not be as angry at the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment