Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grampa Joad in the Grapes of Wrath

So, I took a break from doing these blogs and once again I am bored so I guess that I will just get the four more done that I planned on getting done by the end of today. The only problem is that I just woke up from a little afternoon nap, so I am really tired, and I have no idea what I want to discuss in this blog, so that is never good. Another thing is that my kitten is awake and she really wants some attention right now, so she is bothering me non-stop which is another distraction that is trying not to make these blogs easy at all. Ok so anyway, this blog is going to be one of my last blogs about the book The Grapes of Wrath. In the book The Grapes of Wrath which happens to be written by the author John Steinbeck. One of the characters that I found really annoying in the book The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was the character of Grampa Joad. I think that the character of Grampa Joad is very annoying because he is such a pesomist throughout the entire story of the book. He always has something bad to say unlike other and more respectable characters in the book. For example, when the family faces an obstacle early in the story, Tom will not really let it bring him or the rest of the family down, but then grumpy old Grampa Joad will come along and just complain about it as much as he can just to prove a point. As a reader, it really annoyed me anytime throughout the story when Grampa Joad had to share his opinion with anyone else. It just made me extremely annoyed because it is made obvious by the author of the story, John Steinbeck that the times in the dust bowl in really tough on the family and I am sure that having Grampa Joad around did not help much.

No comments:

Post a Comment