Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Journal #9 Organized Religion

I really do not have much to say about organized religion. I do not have that much to say because i am quite frankly not that religious. I mean, i do not even know that much about religion. I mean, i know simple things about the Bible when it comes to Christianity, but that is simply it. Seeing how i have a very unbiased opinion on religion, i think that it is nice that i can kind of choose what i want to believe rather than having a parent forcing me what to believe by following the religion that he or she grew up with. In all honesty, i really do truly enjoy having the freedom to believe in what i want to believe. Right now though, I am kind of sad to say that i do not know what to believe in, but at the same time, no one really does. In my opinion, i believe that it is wrong to say that certain religions are not right because peoples' opinions on religion are based on what they want to believe, what relates most to them, or what they have been forced to believe; therefore, it is not fair to say that certain religions are better that others because it is in what you want to believe. At this point in my life, i do not really know what to believe, unlike some of my other peers. I do not try to judge religion other than when people are judging others for their less popular religious views. It is not fair to judge someone based on their religion simply because, in my shoes, i do not know enough about any or any branch of religion to judge someone. If i did judge someone, then that would be unfair and i hope that they would win the argument because i do not know enough of what they are talking about. On the other hand, if someone is trying to force their religion down my throat, then i hope that i can tell them to stop talking because it is not fair to do that to someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how even though u did not know a lot about this you still shared

    ReplyDelete