Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Journal #24 Mind Tricks

So, this one time, i was going out with my friends a few days before Halloween. I really like Halloween because it is one of my favorite parts of the year. So, anyway because it was so close to Halloween, my friends and i decided to go to a haunted house. So, of course, we decide to go to terror on the square because in my opinion, it is really the only true haunted house in our area. Anyway, i have to admit that i was really really scared when going through that haunted house. I mean, looking back on it, i thought that it was pretty fun, but at the time, i was not too excited about getting chased through a maze with tons of people running after with huge weapons and massive chainsaws. But, anyway, when my friends and i got done with the haunted house and done laughing together about it, i started to drive home alone in my car. Well, anyway, i forgot to mention that i was on my way home from my friend Matt's house, and he kind of lives in the country. So, on my way home, it was pitch black, and it was very scary. I am usually not very afraid of the dark, but now, after going to a haunted house, i must admit that i was very scared. So, this is when i started seeing things, or in other words, my mind started playing tricks on me. With two corn fields on each side of the road, i was kind of nervous at first. So, i started imagining what would happen if someone jumped out in the road and attacked me with a weapon. Suddenly, seconds, i started seeing people jumping out in front of me and it really freaked me out quite a bit. I obviously knew it was not real but it still really scared me. i guess that this is a time when my mind played tricks on me.

1 comment:

  1. I totally did this too! For like a week after we did scary stories in the library I kept thinking I saw stuff jumping out in front of me, especially when I had to leave for morning basketball practice at 5 in the morning. Good insights Kirk (: I really felt your terror and stuff.

    ReplyDelete