Thursday, November 11, 2010

Journal #22 Using Romantic Philosophies

You know, in my opinion it is never ok to disregard the law. Even if you are a romantic writer, i just do not see when it is ever ok to disregard the law. O ok i understand it now since Mr. Langley explained it now, it actually makes quite a bit of sense to me now. Ok so, apparently, since the Romantic writers were very dedicated to the self and also to morals, i guess that for someone who believes in the romantic philosophy, it would probably be ok to disregard the law if you thought if it was morally appropriate. So, for example, if you are in a family and you do not have very much money and you had a son starving to death, it would be appropriate to a Romantic writer to steal food if it was for your son to survive. I guess what it really comes down is just a simple question of ethics. I mean, basically according to romantic writers, any law could basically be broken simply because of the romantic philosophy that any law can be disregarded if and only if it is morally acceptable to you. So, i guess that that is all i can really write about right now. I really do not know what else to say. I guess when talking about Romantic writing, it is not really ok to not obey the law, but i guess that it is acceptable if you face a tough moral dilemma or a tough obstacle in your life. So, that must be one of the only times when it is ok to break the law. I can only imagine someone going to court for theft or trespassing and their defense would be that to them, it was ok to do what they did simply because they are a romantic writer. That should be my excuse for everything now. I did it because i am a romantic writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment